Some serious real S**T about this quote: “On your last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become” – Anonymous
The definition of hell:
“On your last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you
could have become” – Anonymous
WOW. This quote was like a big fat slap in the face. Like mother fucking HUGE. All those other quotes like ‘live every day like it’s your last’ are so airy-fairy compared to this WOWZA of a quote. I feel like this basically takes away any negative thoughts in my head, any body image issues, any self-hate, any fear of taking the plunge because I DO NOT want to meet the person I could have become. I want to be that person. I want to finish on this planet feeling like I have done every little bit that I could have done to make a mark, and leave having made an impact. Specifically, I want to change the way people think of food. I want to take down the fast food giants and I want children to fall in love with mother nature again and appreciate real, good food and be disease free.
But more than that, I want to also leave this planet loving myself. Over the past few days, I have really come to terms with the fact that I am so dead set on what I want to do in life, that I don’t enjoy hanging around with people that aren’t on my same wavelength. In fact, to be really honest, I have gone from having tonnes of friends to having hardly any and it sucks. This has brought on some self-hate that I have been trying to work through. Not to mention the fact that I still am without a period and want to feel like a woman again. I’ve been single for nearly a year and just thinking to myself ‘fuck’. Honestly I don’t even know where I am going with this….point is, after reading this quote I have realised that I need to tell my mean girl who has recently been popping into my head and making me sad that I haven’t found a solid boyfriend, been so unlucky with boys, haven’t yet found my friends that are on the same wavelength, stressed because of uni and my 2 degrees, trying to get my period back but not wanting to gain weight because of fear of getting ‘fat’ and then no boy will like me and maybe even my followers will stop liking me and I don’t have 100K Instagram followers so I’m not good enough…. to FUCK OFF (my mean girl that is). Because if I don’t tell her to go away, I am going to face the person that I could have become.
Although people might think that we need to add more things to our lives to become more successful, truth is – we actually need to give up some of them.
- Give up comparisonists. I talked about this on my Instagram on Sunday and I’m guilty of it to. Hell, I’m in yoga and comparing myself to others and have to rein my thoughts back into the present.
- Give up on playing small. I feel like in the olden days everything was more dramatic, spontaneous and BIG. Children don’t play small, then yell, throw toys, run around and embrace life. I need to do more of that. In fact, I actually have been making it a goal of mine to crush my fear of just randomly introducing myself to people! I introduced myself to someone in my yoga class the other day (as I’m trying to open up my arms to more like-minded people to connect them). OH and it was awesome! If you never try new things, you’ll never know the true potential of what could have happened! SO don’t be afraid to fail and DEFINITELY don’t be afraid to succeed.
“Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone, and as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” – Marianne Williamson
- Give up excuses – it is only you who is responsible for everything that happens in your life (except maybe your birth haha). Realising this allows you to go out into the world with more power and limits your mean girl excuses
- Give up the magic pill – overnight success is a myth. Every success story has a road of failure, success (sometimes), struggle and hard ass work behind it. Give up thinking that things come easily to people. They don’t.
- Give up perfectionism. Wow, I need to do this. Nothing will ever be perfect, no matter how much we try. Our fear stops us from putting our ideas into this world but you will lose all your opportunities if you wait for things to be ‘perfect’. Give up thinking that your body needs to be ‘perfect’. That doesn’t exist. THAT DOES’T EXIST. IT SERIOUSLY DOESN’T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK we need to get this into our heads. Hell, I, MYSELF, MONICA need to get this into my head sometimes. Wasting time thinking that your body needs to be perfect means losing time doing other awesome things. Don’t meet that person that you could have been which might have been 5kg heavier but was 1000000x times happier than you are. (does that make sense?? You know what I mean)
- Give up multi-tasking. More specifically, give up being on your phone and talking to someone at the same time. That’s (1) rude and (2) you aren’t doing either of those things to your best ability. Just be with the person you are with, or be with your phone. Choose and don’t be rude to the other party.
- Give up needing to control everything. Remove yourself from the things you can’t control and hone in on the ones that you can. You are only able to control your attitude towards something. That is ALL you can control .
- Give up on saying YES. Fucking just say NO!!!!!!! and if you say yes, don’t then turn around 5 minutes later and get angry because you have to do this job and blah blah blah, you said yes to it and you could have just said no. If you want to actually get shit done, sometimes you have to say NO to things. And NO that doesn’t make you a bad person or mean. And for god sakes don’t say ‘oh but I should’ … says who?!
- Give up toxic people. Don’t hang around energy suckers. They bring you down in life. Hang around with people that bring you UP. I’ve managed to figure this one out – but this one only haha
- Give up wanting people to like you. There will be a lot of people that don’t like you and no matter what you do they still won’t like you. You don’t need to prove yourself to them or make them like you. That’s a waste of time. If they don’t like you for who you are then they aren’t worth knowing and you’re better off without them! This is boys included. If he isn’t going to like you because you are curvier and don’t have abs and a thigh gap, they guess what. He isn’t the one and you’re lucky you gave him the flick because he isn’t worth knowing. Just be authentic to yourself, improve yourself and provide value every day. “The only way to avoid pissing people off is to do nothing important.” — Oliver Emberton
PHEWWWWW that was a bit of a ride, hey?! Seriously raw stuff up there ^^. That all just flowed from god knows where. I hope you guys find some value in this. Share it with a friend or just let me know that you liked it!
We all have stuff to work on, but just drop the stuff that isn’t adding value to your life so that when it’s your day to say goodbye, you are looking at your reflection. Not the person you could have become.
Love you xx