Turmeric Poached Eggs
March 1, 2017 | Cooking time: 5 minutes
Turmeric eggs are next level, not only do they make your meal look ultra Insta worthy, but having that dose of turmeric provides some beautiful anti-inflammatory benefits for your body. Just make sure that you crack black pepper over your eggs to make the turmeric more absorbable.
2 free range, organic FRESH eggs
1/2 cup white vinegar (less/more depending the size of your pot and amount of water you have)
1 Tbsp turmeric
- Boil 1-2 litres of water in a large saucepan. There needs to be a minimum of 12cm of water depth.
- Once the water is bubbling, add 1 turmeric and 1/2 cup of vinegar and wait until it starts to boil again. You want a light boil – not a gentle simmer.
- Crack the eggs as close as possible to the water and leave them to do their thing for 2.5 minutes.
- DO NOT SWIRL THE WATER
- Set up a plate with some paper towel on it ready for the eggs to sit on
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the eggs out of the water and place on the paper towel to absorb the excess water.
- Crack them open and enjoy that #yolkporn!
Serve with a combination of veggies and fats.