March 24, 2017 | Cooking time: 20-30 minutes
Classic spag bol with my red capsicum sauce instead of a tomato based sauce because the sugar content adds up very quickly in tomato based dishes, and my red capsicum sauce means I can have max about a sauce without the sugar… topped with my DF pesto which is in my eBook
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
500g mince of choice *
A bunch of fresh basil and parsley, chopped
2 cups Red Capsicum Sauce (fresh or defrosted)
1/2 cup bone broth
LOTS of zucchinis, spiralized
Optional: serve with cheese and/or pesto
Red Capsicum Sauce:
5 Red capsicums
4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
A bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray. Cut the green top off the red capsicums and roughly chop them. Wrap the garlic in foil and bake the garlic and capsicums for 30-35 minutes and then blend in the blender with the basil and garlic.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan with the coconut oil until translucent
- Add the mince and cook until browned. Then add the sauce, chopped herbs, and broth and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened and flavoursome.
- While the sauce is simmering, spiralize all your zucchinis
- Serve the sauce on a big bowl of zoodles and top with cheese and/or pesto if you like.
*FYI chicken spag bol is AMAZING as well as a combo of veal and pork