Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Spring Greens
November 5, 2017 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
A delicious dinner for you tonight! Pistachio crusted salmon with spring greens – simple, easy and oh so fast!! A perfect meal for the follicular phase as it is light, vibrant and full of healthy fats. This meal I literally whipped up in under 30 minutes from start to finish and probs ate the thing in like 10 minutes because it was so damn good1/2 cup parsley
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 activated pistachios (I get mine from 2die4 live foods)
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 wild caught salmon fillet (about 150g)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 leek, sliced
2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
100g green beans
1 bunch of baby asparagus
1 bunch of broccolini
salt and pepper to serve
1 lemon wedge to serve
- Preheat the oven to 170c and line a baking tray.
- Place the parsley, nuts, lemon juice and olive oil in a mini food processor and blitz until chopped up and combined.
- Place the salmon fillet skin facing up on the lined baking tray. Cover the skin with the nut-crumb mixture and bake for 7-10 minutes (depending on the size of your salmon fillet)
- Whilst it is baking, in a frypan or wok heat the coconut oil until melted and then sautee the leek and garlic until soft. Add the greens and cook for 5-10 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Serve the salmon on top of a bed of spring greens and if there is any nut-crumb mixture feel free to eat the rest because it is so yummy! Season well with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.