Dukkah Crusted Cauliflower
June 7, 2017 | Cooking time: 40 minutes including prep
I firstly made this recipe for Mingle (as I am their recipe developer) and was so hooked I needed to make it again and post it for you guys! Then, I went into my local fruit and veg store to find that they had these mini cauliflowers ON SALE!! As soon as I saw them I knew exactly what I needed to make with them and let me tell you – they were devoured.
6 baby cauliflowers (or 1 cauliflower cut into florets)
2 tbsp coconut oil melted or olive oil
4 Tbsp Mingle Sahara Seasoning OR a combination of cumin, little ginger, cinnamon, allspice, paprika and salt
2 Tbsp activated almonds
2 Tbsp activated pepitas
2 Tbsp activated sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray.
- In a little blender, pulse the spice and nuts/seeds until chopped and place in a mixing bowl.
- Using a basting brush or pastry brush like this one , cover the cauliflowers with oil
- Roll the cauliflowers in the spice and then spoon more of the nuts and seeds over the top (the spice will stick to the cauliflower but you’ll have to sprinkle more of the seeds and nuts over it). Repeat for each cauliflower
- Sprinkle over any remaining dukkah and then season with salt and pepper
- Bake for 40 minutes until soft in the centre and golden and crispy on the outside!
If you are just using cauliflower florets, then just brush them all with oil and then sprinkle with the dukkah and roast for 30-35 minutes at 190c.