Detox Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing
February 6, 2017 | Cooking time: 25 minutes
I love this vibrant salad for a day when I just feel like I want an ultra clean lunch. Maybe it’s boiling outside or I just indulged a bit too much last night hehe (of course still healthy treats)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 zucchini, roasted
1/2 head of broccoli, roasted
1/2 eggplant, roasted
1 bunch baby asparagus
1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
snow pea shoots, a handful
2 spring onions, chopped
2 tablespoons unhulled tahini
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp boiling water, or more until runny consistency
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a baking tray and lay out the zucchini, eggplant and broccoli and roast for 15 minutes or until golden. (alternatively, you can use leftover cooked veggies in the fridge)
- In the last 5 minutes add the baby asparagus to the oven tray.
- To make the salad combine the parsley, cucumber, snow peas shoot, chicken and onion. Let the roasted veggies cool slightly and then toss through.
- To make the dressing combine the ingredients into a mini food processor and blitz until creamy and running. Alternatively, you can place the ingredients into a jar and shake vigorously until combined (just crush/mince the garlic first).
- Pour the dressing over the salad and enjoy!