Curried Veg + Eggs with a Tahini Dressing
September 25, 2017 | Cooking time: 15 minutes
1/4 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 Tbsp coconut oil
4-6 brussel sprouts, cut in half
1/2 head broccoli
100g green beans, topped and tailed
1/2 bunch of kale, leaves removed
1 Tbsp curry powder
bone broth or water
2 Tbsp tahini
2 3bsp boiling water
a squeeze of lemon juice
salt and pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and add the cauliflower and brussels and saute for 5 minutes. Then add the broccoli, beans and curry powder and cook for another 5-10 minutes or until tender. Use a splash of bone broth or water to help ‘unstick’ any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Once the veggies are nearly cooked, heat another tablespoon of coconut in a separate fry pan over high heat (or you can remove the veggies into a bowl and cover with foil to keep warm and use the same fry pan).
- Once the coconut oil is melted and the pan is hot, crack the 2 eggs into the pan and turn down to medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until whites are no longer translucent.
- To serve, place the veggies on a plate and top with the two eggs. Make the tahini dressing by combining the tahini with water, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper and mix very well until combined. Add more water until it reaches your desired consistency. (It will start to separate and look gross, but just keep mixing it and it will go thick and creamy).
- Drizzle the tahini dressing all over the top! Season well with salt and pepper