Chicken, thyme and olive pasta
July 17, 2016 | Cooking time: 45 minutes
This just shows how going back to basics and using simple and LESS ingredients makes bloody delicious food. Who would have thought that my chicken and thyme pasta with olives would taste so good that i had 3 bowls…..
1 brown onion
5 cloves garlic, crushed
Zucchinis, made into zoodles
1 cup kalamata olives
500g Chicken mince
Lots of fresh thyme leaves
5 Red capsicums
4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
A bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Tastes-like-tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 240c . Wrap garlic together in foil. Place capsicums and garlic on an oven tray and cook for 40-45 minutes, turning capsicums once or twice, until blackened.
- Remove from oven, place capsicums in a large bowl and immediately cover with plastic wrap while still hot. Allow capsicums to cool. Remove skin. Discard seeds and membrane.
Place capsicums into a blender. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into the blender and add the basil leaves. Blend until smooth. If need be, add some water if it is too thick
- You need 1 cup of sauce for this recipe. Place the remaining in the freezer for later use
- Heat coconut oil in the fry pan and add the thyme leaves and cook them for about 2 minutes to release flavour. Take off the heat and let them sit aside.
- Chop the onion and sauté with the garlic in a large fry pan until starting to brown and caramelize. Then add the mince and cook.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add 1 cup of the tastes-like-tomato (capsicum) sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the olives and mix them in a bowl with some EVOO, oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper