I’m obsessed with
– Eggs and Avo
– Roast veggies and pesto
– My two beautiful doggies; Panda and Peanut
– Periods and our cycle
– Reading about periods
– Watching the sunset/sunrise
Now I could give you some log as speel about my life – but I want to keep things short. I want you to get to know me in relation to my journey of finding my passion for all things PERIODS!!!!
- I would bring a pathetic rabbit food salad to lunch, drink a cup of coffee the size of my head for morning tea to suppress my appetite, binge eat when I got home because I was THAT starving from basically not even eating lunch, and then go workout on the cross-trainer until I burnt 600 calories thinking that would make me thin.
- THEN while living in Whistler for 3 months in a house with 18-20 year olds and no parents, I became a ski instructor, drank A LOT, ate a lot of ‘healthy’ food like honey, rice crackers, jam and just peanuts-peanut butter, oats, and gluten free pasta? But that’s okay right because I was exercising (skiing) every day? Oh and I was drinking vodka and cranberry juice which is healthy cause it’s fruit, right? And vodka has the least calories for alcoholic beverages. WRONG.
- Once I arrived in New York I had my lightbulb moment. I was getting sharp pains in my ovaries, and was being told I might have endometriosis.
- While being bored one day I decided to read Sarah Wilson’s I Quit Sugar book from front to back and had my big ‘ah-ha’ moment…so you know all the honey, fruit and jam I was eating? Yeah, not so great after all….
- I became obsessed with the idea of how humans are meant to eat. Living a no sugar lifestyle and eating real food.
FAST FORWARD A LITTLE BIT AND….
- My pains in my ovaries left me and I travelled Europe for a month WHILE being sugar-free
- I healed by body with food after having major jaw surgery
- I developed the knowledge, tactics and passion for helping others achieve their true weight and adopting a healthy lifestyle without any deprivation or pumping out 600 calories at the gym
- Then I stopped the pill, lost all my lady hormones (yep no progesterone or estrogen) and my reproductive system basically just died. Looking back, it is no wonder I got so skinny – I had no estrogen!!!
- After 18 months of working to naturally balance my hormones, I got my period back and have been cycle-syncing to ensure that I support my flo in the best way possible… this means no PMS, no backaches, minimal cravings and being kind to myself and understanding why I feel how I feel at different times of my cycle
- I’ve become OBSESSED with all things periods and now it’s my passion to help women to understand their incredible bodies!
- THEN…big ski accident set me back a little bit, but as the A-type I am, I was still VERY determined to do everything. My cortisol was at an all-time high from the pain and stress of my knee, my thyroid plummeted and I lost my period again.
Basically, I’ve been through the works and have had a number of experiences that have wrecked my body and really made me tune in
My mission is to help YOU understand your cycle and feel empowered by being a woman. I want you to feel empowered, happy & blessed to be a woman. I want you to love having your period every month. And be the healthiest, most fertile version of yourself. (Men included).
Since starting on my journey of eating real food, I have also been through one of the hardest things I think anyone could ever go through. I had jaw surgery. No major change in my face, but the pain both physically and emotionally was enough. While this was one of the hardest times, I also learnt so much about the power of the body, mind and your soul to heal you.
My diet that was full of healing food, helped me to recover faster than the leading surgeon and orthodontist in Victoria, Australia has ever seen. So much so he has used my procedure as an incredible example at a world conference. I give all my thanks to my diet and my mindful mindset through this healing period. If I hadn’t been eating the way I was, it would have taken me double, if not triple the amount of time to heal. And let me tell you, seeing your face as I saw mine – is indescribable.
My diet is heavily revolved around a real food, plant-based diet. I don’t eat gluten or sugar (fructose) and I eat what I want, when I want and I don’t count calories. I treat myself, with healthy baked treats and I eat FAT! When you eat the way humans are meant to eat, you will thrive. People ask me what I eat when I crave ‘x’…. well; 1) I never crave ‘x’ (usually junk) and 2) I only ever crave real, nourishing food.
Whilst all this is great though, after going off the pill I lost my period and hormones for 18 months. I got a blood test done after about a year, and I had legit no progesterone or estrogen! (No wonder I got so skinny!!). I’m forever grateful for this frustrating time through because it has meant that I have learnt so much about the female body, periods, the pill and the power of hormones. Without balanced hormones, you won’t be happy, vital, healthy, strong or energized. I might have ‘looked good’ but my body wasn’t functioning optimally. It is only when I started taking some herbs to help boost my hormone function that I started putting on some weight, feeling some womanly with my curves and finally getting my period back! The craziest part is that I eat the EXACT same way as when I was super skinny, but because of my hormones, I am holding weight now where women should – in their hips and bum and I am no longer skin and bones.
This journey of discovering how to naturally balance my hormones and understand my cycle has inspired me to help so many more women harness their feminine power. We are not taught this stuff in schools and so how are we meant to know that we should be eating sweet potatoes the week before we bleed?! This is where I come in… If you have a hormonal imbalance I want to help YOU to get back on track with your health, educate you and empower you so that you are knowledgeable and understand how your body works.
Through my own journey I can help you:
- love being a woman (i used to hate being a woman cause perioooooods)
- understand your cycle
- balance your hormones
- be the happiest version of yourself and attract everything you desire
With knowing all that is going on in our world related to health and wellness, I can’t just sit here and do nothing! I want to help YOU. I want to inspire YOU. I want to guide YOU to a happier, healthier and more vibrant lifestyle.
So there you have it, my short (yet still so long!) story of how I came to be exactly where I am right now.
I hope that I can provide you with some insight, and inspiration into this truly amazing lifestyle through my blog, or meet you through my health coaching work.
Thank you beautiful,