50 reasons why you should avoid the pill at all costs
Wondering if the pill is for you? Wondering if it is causing unwanted health problems you now have? Wondering how it can impact your life AND the lives around you? Here are just 50 reasons why you should think really hard before putting synthetic hormones in your body.
- Women taking the pill are almost twice as likely to be depressed, compared to those not on the pill – makes you wonder what is actually in there to make you depressed, hey?
- The use of the pill before 20 years old doubles the risk of breast cancer
- Scientists have found that a chemical product in the Pill to stop ovulation continues to suppress testosterone levels (which are needed for sexual desire in men and women) for up to a year after women stop taking it.
- The pill and other hormonal contraception’s deliver about 4 times the corresponding oestrogen and progesterone naturally occurring at their peak in a normal menstrual cycle.
- The pill induces a biochemical state in the body more like pregnancy than normal fertility
- Women on the pill are a third more likely to have gingivitis and higher plaque levels than if they weren’t taking it
- The pill elevated the risk of thrombosis or blood clots
- The pill alters at least 150 bodily functions and affects all your organs
- The pill induces in us a different biochemical and psychological state which can impact how we feel about ourselves and others
- The men in our lives are also affected by the side effects like depression, loss of libido and chronic health problems
- The most common side effects of the pill is weight gain along with fatigue and depression
- The absorption of vitamins B1, B2, B6 and B12 is affected by the pill and hormonal contraception.
- Scientists found that taking the pill for as little as 6 months could potentially destroy a women’s sex drive forever. Stopping the pill doesn’t necessarily reverse the effects of the reduction of testosterone.
- The pill can lead to increase period pain, breakthrough bleeding, cervical erosions, candida infection, a greater tendency for genital warts and chlamydial infection.
- Can’t attract a boyfriend? – Women on the pill don’t secrete copulins. Copulins are a certain volatile fatty acid which is secreted in the vagina and stimulate male sexual interest and behaviour.
- In Chinese Medicine, the pill interferes with the normal Liver Qui (energetic flow) function in the body leading to a stagnant liver. The liver will then struggle to support the removal of toxins from your body
- The pill and contractive injections increase the risk of diabetes
- Fake estrogen is also fed to beef cattle to make them gain weight
- The incidence of fracture was significantly higher for women on the pill
- Women who take oral contraceptives and synthetic estrogen have increases chances of suffering from migraines and headaches.
- Numerous studies have found an association between the pill and liver cancer
- A study of 47 000 women found that those who have taken the pill had a significantly higher incidence of cervical cancer than those who have never used it
- The pill is classified as a Class 1 Carcinogen – in the same category as tobacco and asbestos
- When going off the pill and then falling pregnant, your baby will likely be nutrient deficient because the pill decreases your levels of zinc and folic acid
- Maternal zinc depletion has also been found to be associated with foetal growth retardation and many types of congenital abnormalities
- The pill reduced selenium levels which can lead to your baby having foetal deformity including Down syndrome.
- Inflammatory conditions, like endometriosis, are worsened by the Pill and these can affect your fertility too
- A study found that a quarter of women trying to conceive couldn’t for 13 months or more after stopping the pill whereas only 1 in 10 women using non-hormonal methods of contraception had a similar experience
- The pill changes who you are sexually attracted to because the pill reverses the usual smell-immune system signals and that when a woman is on the Pill she tends to choose a mate who has a similar immune system but this gives any children they have together less chance for a good immune system and makes it harder for them to fall pregnant
- Some side effects even include double vision, swelling of the optic nerve, dizziness, fainting, acne, mouth ulcers, varicose veins
- There is greater risk for allergic reactions like hay fever, asthma, skin rashes and other inflammatory conditions
- There are two effects from the pill – hormonal and nutritional disturbance
- It affects vitamin, mineral, lipids, essential fatty acid and amino acid metabolism
- The pill affects your body’s ability to fight off candida levels and a candida overgrowth can lead to a whole host of symptoms
- It is harder for your body to create sex hormones when you come off the pill
- Taking the pill reduced the absorption of zinc
- Copper levels are increased on the pill which can lead to depression, hair loss, mood swings, immune dysfunction
- The pill impacts young girls ability to develop a healthy relationship with their own body
- It stops you being able to tune into your own body
- If a young girl uses the pill while she is still growing it may stop her from reaching her full height
- If a girl who is not ovulating regularly goes on the pill, both menstruation and ovulation may be suppressed permanently or take much longer and need treatment to return
- The pill compromises the health of your future baby
- The pill disrupts the natural cyclical cycle and women can begin to feel ‘stuck’ and out of ‘flow;
- When you’re on the pill, you lose the special moment that you bleed because bleeding on the Pill is not a normal menstruation It is just a breakthrough bleed so it doesn’t have the same impact that a true period can bring you. Many women not on the pill find the bleeding time to big a very big energetic release.
- Menstruation is a grounding experience and brings you back to feeling connected to yourself. Not menstruating means you miss out on this and you can create a big energetic block within yourself
- A result of not being connected to rhythm is depression.
- The pill isn’t the only contraception method Natural fertility management has the same success rate as the theoretical success rate for the Pill
- The pill compromises the health of yourself and your baby. You must do a lot of work on your health before you try and conceive
- The pill causes symptoms of liver stagnation in some women and this leads to PMS, headaches, and mood changes
- The pill eliminates the natural menstrual cycle and releases it with a false state of early pregnancy…do you really think it is good for your body to think it is pregnant 24/7 when you are 17?
This information has been taking from the book The Pill: Are You Sure It’s For You? by Jane Bennet and Alexandra Pope. I highly suggest reading this book if you want to gain more of an understanding about the Pill. Everything is backed up my studies.