The Signature MY Health Breakfast Bowl
April 2, 2017 | Cooking time: 25 minutes
I swear like 70% of my Instagram is literally my crazy big breakfast bowls … they are literally my favourite thing and I cannot start my day without my combo of veggies, eggs and avocado. This combo ensures that I am fuelled for the day, metabolism is going and reduces cravings or unhealthy eating later on. Having fat and protein in your breakfast is SO IMPORTANT to nourish your body.
1 zucchini, cut into 1 cm discs
1 eggplant roughly cut
1/2 cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
1 head of broccoli cut into florets
2 large handfuls of spinach
1 avocado, cut in half
4 perfect poachies
Any extra veggies you want: in winter I love to roast extra brussel sprouts/mushrooms and in summer I’m a sucker for asparagus. I also love some steamed green beans or snow peas, sauteed or massaged kale, shredded cabbage…the list goes on!
coconut oil for spraying
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray
- Lay out the cauliflower, zucchini and eggplant (+ any other extras) and spray with coconut oil. Sprinkle cinnamon over the cauliflower, zucchini and eggplant. Roast for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add the broccoli and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start preparing your bowls by adding spinach.
- Once veggies are cooked, cook your perfect poachies.
- Divide veggies amongst two bowls and serve with 1/2 an avocado and 2 poached eggs each. Season with salt and pepper
Optional add-ons: lemon juice, ACV, olive oil, fresh parsley, chilli