Really Healthy Rocky Road
December 1, 2017 | Cooking time: 60 minutes
1 Tbsp grass fed gelatin
150 ml full-fat canned coconut milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 drops liquid stevia (can omit)
2 cups raw cacao butter
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1-2 tsp stevia or rice malt syrup (I omit when I make this because I don’t need it any sweeter and love the bitterness)
3 drops of wild orange DoTerra essential oil (optional)
1/2 cup activated almonds
1/2 cup activated pecans
1/3 cup activated pistachios
1/3 cup brazil nuts
1/3 cup coconut chips
- To make the gelatin dissolve the gelatin in 1/4 cup of cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes to become gel-like
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut milk, vanilla and stevia over medium heat in a saucepan until almost boiling. Then turn off the heat and add in the bloomed gelatin. Mix well to combine and pour into a glass container to set. Place in the fridge until set.
- Whilst the marshmallows are setting, make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the raw cacao powder and stevia (optional) and mix well. Take off the heat and add the wild orange essential oil (optional).
- Roughly chop all the nuts up and add them to the chocolate and mix until all coated.
- Line a baking tray or dish with baking paper and then pour the mixture into the tray/dish.
- Once the marshmallows are set, remove them from the container and cut up into small squares and place them into the chocolate. Scatter them around and slightly stir them through, but be quick because you don’t want them to melt!
- Place in the freezer to ser immediately.