Meatballs and Crunchy Slaw with Tahini Dressing
April 8, 2017 | Cooking time: 25 minutes
I’m obsessed with bulk making meatballs so you can just pull them out of the freezer, roast ’em up in the oven for 10-15 minutes to get them warm and serve! Make these babies and store them in the freezer and just whip them out when you’re ready! These go well with just about anything from pasta to salads!
800g turkey mince
1 brown onion, finely diced
3 clove garlic, crushed and minced
1/2 cup parsley
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands. Shape into medium-sized meatballs and place onto the baking tray. Repeat for all balls.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden.
Red cabbage is SO DAMN GOOD FOR YOU it….
- It boosts the immune system as it contains tonnes of vitamin C
- Fights inflammation and arthritis as it contains inflammation-fighting phytonutrients aids healthy bones
- Reduces the risk of osteoporosis as it is a vitamin K-rich food, and we know that vitamin K increases the amount of a specific protein required to maintain bone calcium
- Fights chronic disease- Red cabbage, amongst other vitamin C rich veggies were found to reduce endogenous DNA damage in colon cancer cells, showcasing the disease-fighting ability of red cabbage