Magic Unicorn Bowl
June 21, 2017 | Cooking time:
I’m calling this my magic unicorn bowl because 1) it brings me joy like a unicorn and 2) it looks like the colours of a unicorn plus it tastes like a unicorn in my mouth.
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1 Japanese eggplant
1/2 Head of broccoli
1/8-1/4 head of cauliflower
a handful of red cabbage, finely sliced
8-10 green beans
1/2 a zucchini sliced into 1cm rounds
Mingle seasoning ‘sahara’ blend
1 can of ‘Good Fish’ Salmon
a forkful of fermented veg
1 heaped Tbsp unhulled tahini
boiling water to thin
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup tamari
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger powder
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray
- Cut the Japanese eggplant in quarters lengthways and lay on the tray along with the zucchini and cauliflower florets.
- In a small dish, combine tamari, garlic and ginger powder and the sesame seeds. Using a silicon pastry brush, brush the mixture over the eggplants until all covered.
- Spray the cauliflower and zucchini with coconut oil and sprinkle with Mingle seasoning ‘Sahara’ blend. Roast for 20 minutes
- Add beans and broccoli to the tray and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven
- Meanwhile, make the tahini dressing by combining the tahini with the lemon juice in a jar and add the boiling water one tablespoon at a time shaking vigorously until the desired consistency is formed. (I like it thin enough so that I can drizzle it)
- To make the salad, put down a bed of spinach, then add eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, beans, cabbage, 1/4 an avocado, salmon (drained) and fermented veg. Drizzle with tahini dressing and BOOM! Taste your unicorn!
Roasted too much veg? Use it in a salad for tomorrow’s lunch!