Lebanese Stuffed Eggplants
May 2, 2017 | Cooking time: 60 minutes (including prep)
These stuffed eggplants are full of fibre, as well as brain boosting nutrients. Served with a fresh, zesty yoghurt that tops the dish off perfectly.
1 small handful of mint leaves, chopped
1 small handful of flat-leaf parsley roughly chopped
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 cup bone broth
1/2 cup natural coconut yoghurt or full-fat greek yoghurt (I like Coyo)
grated zest of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
2 tbsp lemon juice
Steamed greens and olive oil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray.
- Cut the eggplant lengthways and cover with foil, bake for 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the lamb, spices, broth and cook for 10 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and scoop out some of the flesh making room for the mince. Place the mince into the eggplants and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Keep the removed flesh for a baba ganoush or salad tomorrow.
- To make the yoghurt, whisk everything together.
- Serve the eggplants with the yoghurt and scatter with the fresh herbs. Serve with steamed greens and olive oil.