Israeli Meatball Bowl
March 9, 2017 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
Rolling your balls in a mix of spices seriously changes the game. One batch of meatballs can now me transformed into so many meals. I leave half of the batch without rolling them in the spice mix so that I can use them for other things like this.
800g turkey mince
1 brown onion, diced
3 clove garlic, crushed and minced
1/2 cup parsley
2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp sumac
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3 tbsp thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well with your hands. Shape into medium sized meatballs and put on a plate. Once all the meatballs are rolled, combine the spices in a bowl and roll each ball into the spices and place onto the baking tray. Repeat for all balls.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until golden.
Meanwhile, prepare your other veggies to serve it with. Grab whatever you’ve got in the fridge. Broccoli, capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, spring onion, zucchini etc and cook it (or don’t cook the cucumber – yuck!).
- Serve 5 of the meatballs with your vegetables and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and serve with 1/4 to 1/2 an avocado depending how hungry you are.
- The chia seeds are an awesome swap for flour to hold it all together. Plus you get an awesome hit of essential fatty acids! WEW!