Rainbow Breakfast Bowl
August 25, 2017 | Cooking time: 30 minutes
When I only had 1 egg left in the pantry ( a nightmare I know!!) I decided to use some of my wild caught smoked salmon from Terra Madre for the rest of my protein….I just knew that 1 egg wasn’t going to keep me satisfied for 5 hours until lunch.
Don’t get overwhelmed by the long list of ingredients – it’s super simple to make! You can even just stick to 2-3 vegetables if you want to.
Coconut oil for spraying
1 tsp ground cinnamon for sprinkling
1/4 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 large brussel sprouts or 6 small, cut in half
1/2 zucchini, cut into 1 cm rounds
2 yellow summer squash, cut into quarters
1/4 eggplant, cut into 1cm rounds
1/2 head of broccoli
store bought cabbage slaw
1 fresh organic egg
1/2 an avocado
1/4 lemon, juiced
50g Royal Line Wild Caught Smoked Salmon
Fermented vegetables to serve
Salt and pepper to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray. Spread all the vegetables (except the broccoli and slaw) onto the tray and spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 1-2L of water to a boil in a sauce pan and add 1/4-1/2 a cup of white vinegar.
- When there is 10 minutes to go for the vegetables, add the broccoli to the tray and continue to cook.
- Once the water is bubbling, crack the egg into the water (don’t swirl the water or anything). Cook for 2 minutes for medium sized eggs and 2.5 minutes for larger eggs. use a slotted spoon to remove
- Add spinach to your bowl and top with the vegetables. Serve with 1/2 an avocado, the poached eggs, the smoked salmon, lemon juice and fermented vegetables and season well with salt and pepper