Cinnamon and Jam Scrolls
December 10, 2017 | Cooking time: 35 minutes
Okay, first up these are BOY PROOF!! My brother who is fussy AF with my cooking ate the whole batch of these once I brought him one to try. So I feel like that is a 100% guarantee no this recipe. If not, then I don’t know what is.
These scrolls are perfect for Christmas with guests as morning tea or afternoon tea or even as dessert! They are a little bit of effort because you have to roll the dough out, but from start to finish it will still take you under an hour and they are very simple to make.
Let me know how you like them in the comments below!
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 Tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup rice malt syrup
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp coconut butter, melted to serve (you can melt it in the microwave very slowly. However. make sure that there is some coconut oil in the butter or it will just burn)
1 cup berries of your choice
2 Tbsp chia seeds
2 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 175c and line a baking dish with some baking paper.
- Melt the coconut oil and stir through the rice malt syrup so that it kinda melts.
- To make the chia jam, place everything into a small saucepan over medium heat and using a stick blender, blitz the ingredients together until there are no big chunks of berries. Allow to simmer for 2-5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, coconut oil, egg, rice malt syrup and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well to combine into a dough.
- Place down a peice of baking paper onto the bench and place the dough ontop of it. Place another peice of baking paper ontop of the dough and roll out using a rolling pin until it is about 3-5mm thick. Peel off the top peice of baking paper and smear the jam all over the rolled out dough. Carefully roll the dough up into a log, peeling back the bottom peice of baking paper as you go. Then wrap the rolled up dough in baking paper and place into the freezer to cool for 10 minutes. (it makes it easier for cutting)
- Once you have removed the roll from the freezer, peel back the baking paper and using a serated knife, cut into 5-6 cm peices. The recipe should make 8-9 scrolls depending on their thicknes.
- Place into the prepared baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool slightly and then drizzle with melted coconut butter!