Chicken Caesar Burger
March 6, 2017 | Cooking time: 20 minutes
Hells YES BABY! A chicken caesar burger free from gluten, dairy and sugar and PACKED, I mean PACKED full of flavour.
Warning: It is so good that you can’t stop talking about it for days
2 Organic Chicken thighs
2 rashes free range bacon
4 portobellos mushrooms, skin peeled off and centre stump removed
4 leaves iceberg, butter or cos lettuce
1/4 cup coconut yoghurt or greek yoghurt
2 anchovies, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp nutrition yeast or parmesan cheese
Serve with a bunch of roasted veggies drizzled in olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray. Cook the mushrooms with some coconut oil drizzles over for 20 minutes, flipping half way.
- Heat a large-sized frypan on medium heat. Drizzle lightly with coconut oil. Add in bacon and chicken. Cook for 4 minutes on one side and then flip both the bacon and chicken onto the other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes until chicken has cooked through and the bacon is crispy. Crack in the 2 eggs and cook for 3 minutes until whites are just cooked.
- Alternatively, you can cook the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes and cook the bacon and eggs in the fry pan.
- To make the Caesar Dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place half of the ingredients into a container to assemble for lunch tomorrow.
- To assemble your burger for dinner tonight, spread the half the avocado on one of the mushroom insides. Top with iceberg lettuce, chicken, bacon, caesar dressing and the egg and put the other mushroom on the top! Serve!