Chicken and Avocado Salad with Herbed Olive Oil
March 11, 2017 | Cooking time: 25 minutes
I am such a sucker for a mighty good salad at lunch, and this is just one of my concoctions! The olive oil lifts the dish to a whole other level – just leave out the chilli if you don’t like the kick of HEAT!
1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
a handful of snow peas
1/2 red capsicum cut into sticks
1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 zucchini, cut into 1cm rounds
1/2 an eggplant, cut into 3cm cubes
1 cucumber, cut into rounds
1/2 an avocado
2 chicken thighs, or 1-2 cups chicken already cooked from leftovers
2 large handfuls of baby spinach
Coconut oil for spraying
1 tbsp cinnamon
Herbed Olive oil:
1/4 cup firmly packed parsley
1 chilli, finely diced
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200c and line a baking tray. Place the cauliflower, zucchini and eggplant on the tray and spray or drizzle with coconut oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and snow peas in a double steamer and set aside.
- Cut the cucumber and capsicum and set aside.
- To make the olive oil, finely diced the herbs and combine with the lemon juice, chilli and oil in a jar and shake well.
- Half the spinach and vegetables into 2 bowls and top with the chicken and 1/4 of an avocado each. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper!