June 29, 2017 | Cooking time: 75 mins (including prep)
You heard it here first – grain free, dairy free, sugar free and full of healthy fat! This Carrot Cake can literally be had as a meal because it provides so much goodness – Pretend you didn’t hear this … but I legit had it for dinner after I made it. I couldn’t help myself it was too yummy!!!
1 1/2 cups coconut flour
1 cup almond meal
2 teaspoon bi-carb soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla powder
6 cups carrot, grated (about 6 medium carrots)
1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or less!!)
1 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
8 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups Coyo Natural yoghurt
1 tsp Vanilla powder
Squeeze of lemon
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (I like my nuts activated to help with digestion)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 16-20cm round cake tin and cover insides with coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour, almond meal, bi-carb soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla powder. Stir. Add carrots and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Add eggs (make sure the oil mixture is not too hot otherwise the eggs will curdle) and whisk well until combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the carrot mixture and stir until combined. Pour into lined cake tin. Cook mixture for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. (p.s. I kinda like mine undercooked so I like to cook mine for 45 mins)
- To make the frosting, add everything to a bowl and beat using an electric beater until whipped