Broccoli and Flax Seed Pizza Bases
April 21, 2017 | Cooking time: 45 minutes (including prep)
1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 red onion, diced
Salt and pepper
1 egg white
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup flaxseeds
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1 tsp dried garlic
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, diced
sea salt and pepper
3 tsp pesto
1 cup diced pumpkin
1 Tbsp pine nuts
rocket to serve
- Heat the oven to 190c and line a baking tray. Bake the pumpkin in a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, to make the pizza bases do the following:
- Blitz the broccoli, red onion and a good grind of salt and pepper in a large food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.
- In a bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Add the broccoli mix and stir well to combine.
- Add the broccoli mixture to a lined baking tray, forming it into two mounds. Spread them out into rounds and press down so they are 2-3mm thin. I find it helpful to lay another piece of baking paper over the top and press down so that you don’t get too many finger marks.
- Turn the oven down to 170c and bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm to touch and slightly golden. Remove from the oven.
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven and set aside. On one pizza, cover with pesto, pumpkin, and pine nuts. Using a peeler, peel the zucchini to make ribbons and place on top.
- On the other pizza, add crushed garlic rosemary, a generous drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Return pizzas to the oven for another 10 minutes or until zucchini is slightly cooked.
- To serve, add rocket to the pumpkin and pesto pizza.Tag me in your photos on Instagram! @monicayateshealth